HOUSEHOLD WASTEWheelie Bin Service
- Aluminum Cans
- Drink Cans, for example, coke cans and beer cans
- Biscuit Tins
- Cardboard Packaging
- All types of cardboard boxes, for example, cereal boxes, egg cartons, washing powder boxes and so on (no residue or foil lining)
- Detergent Bottles Please rinse out
- Plastic Drinks Bottle For example, milk or lemonade bottles. (Please rinse out)
- Clean, Dry Newspapers and Magazines
- Tetra Pak
- Milk or juice cartons (Please rinse out)
- Paper Packaging
- Flour or potatoes packaging (No residue or foil lining)
- Telephone directories and junk mail
- Steel Cans For example bean cans, dog food cans and so on. (Please wash out)
- Aluminium Foil
- Cassette Cases or Floppy Disks
- Clothes, Shoes or Clothes Hangers
- Crockery Plates or cups and so on
- Fast Food Wrappers
- Foil Wrapping
- Food Waste
- Garden Waste For example, grass
- Glass Bring to the bottle bank
- Kitchen Roll or Tissue
- Margarine and Butter Tubs
- Yogurt Cartons
- Phones, Calculators or Toys
- Plastic Bags
- Plastic Food Bowls
- Plastic Packaging Loaf bread, bags from frozen chips, rice, pasta and so on
- Plastic Wrapping on biscuits, cakes, sweets, chocolate bars, crisps and so on
- Rubber Components
- toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes
- Used Wallpapers
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR BROWN BIN
- Meat, Poultry, Fish and Bones
- Egg & Dairy Products, Bread & Pasta
- Food prep waste/ Plate Scrappings
- Fruit & Veg, Grains and Cereals
- Tea Bags & Coffee Grounds
- Grass Cuttings, Hedge Clippings & Cut Flowers
WHAT NOT TO PUT IN YOUR BROWN BIN
- Metal & Plastic
- Soil & Rubble
- Any other non-food types
WHAT DAY IN THE BROWN BIN COLLECTED?
Please contact our office for your collection schedule.
As always please ensure you have your bin left out the night before to ensure collection
If your Brown bin contains items that are not compostable it will not be emptied as this would contaminate our whole truck.
IMPORTANT – Do not use Plastic bags as liners in your Brown Bin as they are not compostable. If you wish to use bin liners we sell compostable bags in our office @ The Fairgreen, Westport.
Westport Town Centre, Estates The Cottages, Cluan Ard, Quay Road up to Westlands, Westlands, Fr Angelus Park, Monastry View, Altamont Street, All Ashwood Estates, The Paddock, Deerpark, Pinewoods, Kings Hill, Cedar Park, Attiresh, Golf Course Road, Michael Davitt Park, The Fairways, Pairc Na Coille,
Newport to Mulranny, Mulranny to Achill Sound. Westport town in the following areas, The Elms, Tubberhill, Hillside, St Marys Cresent, Horkans Hill, Carrowbeg Estate, All Knockranny & Tonranny, Castlebar Road, all areas from Westport, Islandeady to Castlebar, all parts of Castlebar.
Foxford Town, Foxford to Ballina town, Ballina to Crossmolina, Moygownagh, Ballycastle, Lacken, Killala, Kilfian areas. Also Ballyheane, Ballintubber, Belcarra, Frenchill, Killawalla to Partry , Aughgower, Lankill, Faunaught, Moyhastin , Sandyhill.
The Quay areas of Westport, Rosbeg, Belclare, Carrabaun, Murrisk, Lecanvey. Killsallagh, Old Head, and all of Louisburgh areas right out to Delphi Lodge and to Thallabaun areas.
Carrowholly, Rosmoney, Kilmeena, Fahy, Newport areas . All areas of Achill Island from Achill Sound, Cloughmore, Dooega, Cashel, Keel, Pollagh, Dooagh, Slievemore, Dugort, The Valley, Bullsmouth, Bunnacurry, Saula and the Currane.
Slogger, Carnaclay, Ballinlough and Druimminawonagh areas
WE OPERATE A 2 or 3 BIN HOUSEHOLD SYSTEM:
- BLUE for Landfill waste (or Wet Waste)
- GREEN for Household Dry Recyclables
- BROWN for Food or Organic Waste
There is a weekly collection -- Waste one Week and Recyclables on the other week. Your brown bin is also collected on alternate weeks but it may be a different collection day.
You will be told your Collection Day when you order your Wheelie Bins. Please leave your bins out for collection the night before to ensure collection.
This option is guided towards households with families and young children. We provide you with a Blue & Green Bin for Waste and recycling and for a fee ( Quote in Office) this provides for our services for 6 months with a Max Waste Allowance of 500 kgs. If you go over this allowance , you will be billed an additional fee per kg for every kilo over 500 kgs on your next invoice. However this allowance is generous and should cater for most customer needs. You will be able to check your weights on our New Household Web Portal . To gain access you will need your account number and pin number which will be available at the top, right hand corner of your invoice.
This option is guided towards the lighter user and with this option , you are paying for exactly for the waste you produce. There are 3 parts to the Invoice.
1. Service Fees -- This is a set 6 monthly fee which pays our admin, staff, lorries, repairs, insurances etc . This fee covers collection and recycling costs. This Fee is ( Quote in Office)
2. Waste Allowance -- This is an allowance invoiced to you for 6 months. Our standard allowance is 350 kgs
3. Credit OR Surcharge -- You are invoiced for your allowance up front but when invoicing takes place the software system will add up your Waste readings and if you have exceeded your allowance , you will get a surcharge on your next invoice BUT if you under your allowance you will get a Credit on your next invoice
Customers can control their waste costs with this system and with the use of our New Web Portal you can check the weights of your bins in order to get the best possible results.